Monday, September 12, 2016

Applying Australian Electronic Travel Authority for Tourism Activities

Visiting Australia has always been a hassle-free, at least for the travel visa application lol.... Many years ago, when I visited Perth with my sister, we applied the travel visa via online and I was thinking, this got to be the most convenient government services that I ever encountered. Think about saving the hassle to visit the Embassy, not to mention the terrifying KL traffic and parking woes!!

Image credit:

As I am visiting Australia again soon in coming October, again I visited the Australian Immigration website to apply for the travel visa, which is actually called "Electronic Travel Authority (ETA)".

This is the website for the online application:

​What is an ETA?
An Electronic Travel Authority (ETA) provides authorisation to travel to and enter Australia and is electronically linked to your passport.

It is for short term stays for tourism or business visitor activities.

Business visitor activities do not include work. If you want to do short-term, highly specialised, non-​ongoing work in Australia, you can apply for a Temporary Work (Short Stay Activity) visa (Subclass 400).


Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...