Tuesday, January 10, 2017

Benefit It’s Potent! Eye Cream: Subsides Dark Circles for Brighter Eyes

Eye care has constantly been big part of my skincare...because my eyes are the first to show the sign of aging, not to mention my busy job which cause my eyes to show the sign of stress....Thus, a good eye care, for me, would has to have the key benefits of moisturizing and anti-aging, but hunting for a good eye care was never easy!

Recently, I had the chance to try on the eye cream from Benefit...I have always been amused with Benefit packaging which full of all those buzz words that would for sure tempt the weak soul of a beauty hunter lol...the for this eye cream, Benefit shouts, It’s Potent!  ╮(─▽─)╭ So we shall see how 'potent' it is?


First thing on the packaging; I like the soft pastel color and design of the box and the jar label, and of course, the chic and cute little glass jar that comes with a lid designed to look like a cork (but it's not cork lol) Nonetheless though, jar is never really a good packaging for skin care. Every time you lift the lid, the cream is exposed to outer light and air which may hamper the effectiveness...Oh well...


First impression once I opened the lid: It's thick! I mean, look at the cream...the color is milky white, and it looks thick! But worry not because it glides really well...Unfortunately though, the alcohol smell (or whatever chemical it is), is a little more noticeable...


I started by applying 3 dots of the cream under my eyes, and then gently tap to smooth it away...like I mentioned earlier, although the cream is thick, the texture is actually quite lightweight that it absorbs quickly and doesn't leave greasy residue behind...and although the instruction on the packaging says to apply under the eyes, sometimes I apply on the edge of my eyes too (where the fine lines are more visible).


Almost as soon as I applied, I can feel a slight tingling feel on the area that I applied...I would like to believe it is because of the cream is working its *magic* to so-call restore elasticity & firmness...well now, the cream does produce a noticeable result; dark circles are lighten and fine lines are less visible...after 20 to 30 minutes or so, my puffy eyes seems to be less visible...I would say, my eyes indeed look brighter as claimed!

 the ingredients of the Benefit It’s Potent! Eye Cream

But....the effect does not really last long...by 3 hours or so, the dark circles and fine lines start to show off themselves again...well I do not know is it because my eyes are so prone to tiredness and dark circles due to lack of sleep and also because I have to look at the computer screen more than 8 hours daily? Although I have been using the products for about 3 weeks now, the cream doesn't seem to improve my eyes' dark circles and fine lines, except during the first few hours after application, after which my eyes are like back to their original state...

Nonetheless, I do enjoy the benefit of effectiveness for first few hours...it's a good solution if I want a quick effect, but it's not the best solution for a permanent fix...perhaps, I need to try the product a little more longer to judge on this...Another benefit that I like is, the hydrating element of the cream. It makes applying the foundation or eye concealer easier with the eye cream beneath...

So....would I buy the second jar when I finish the current one? Yes and no....yes because of its quick solution in addressing the main eye concerns; no because it's not a permanent solution and it's a little pricey in my opinion...there are better eye cream products with lower price in the market...and oh, it would be perfect if the eye cream comes with sunblock or SPF elements, which sadly, isn't...

All in all, the Benefit It’s Potent! Eye Cream is a good product for eyes beauty; if you do not mind to fork out that sum of money for this little glass jar every time you finish a jar (need high 'maintenance' due to it is not permanent solution)...I also hope Benefit will consider to change the packaging to something more  hygienic; instead of glass jar to become tube or pump bottle...

So have you tried the eye cream before? What is your verdict? Do let me know (^^) and check out other eye products here!


Benefit It’s Potent! Eye Cream (4.2g / 0.5oz) is available at Sephora.my at RM170.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Do you have anything to share? I'd love to hear from you (^-^*)/

ShareThis

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...