Wednesday, March 27, 2013

CpMooN's Aglio Olio Pasta

All my life, I have never cooked a proper meal, other than instant food like Maggi Mee or Campbell Soup. I have the luxury to mom’s cooking every day when back from work, otherwise I would head to the nearest restaurant and cafe.

But I just bought an Electrolux induction cooker last weekend (after planning for 6 months!!!)…how can I not make use of it right? ^^

First dish that came to my mind was spaghetti....well, that's a very simple dish to prepare right?

And among carbonara, bolognese and aglio olio, my most preferred spaghetti dish is aglio olio...so I am going to cook spaghetti aglio olio my own style ^^

For those of you who haven't know, "aglio e olio" literally means "garlic and oil" in Italian, and spaghetti aglio olio is said to originate traditionally from the region of Abruzzo.

Anyway I'm sure you can easily find the information on the web...Let's just get started with this simple cooking~

Presenting you, the Spagetthi Aglio Olio ala CpMooN's Style 


Ingredients
  • Spaghetti
  • Extra Virgin Olive Oil
  • Garlic (peeled and chopped)
  • Dried Chili Flakes
  • Parsley Leaves (finely chopped)
  • Black Pepper (coarsed)
  • Butter
  • Salt
  • Brocolli
  • Baby Carrots
  • Baby Corns
  • Sausage

Instructions:

Part 1:
  • Boil water with some salt in a pot. (due to health reason, I add very little salt only, not even 1tbsp)
  • Put spaghetti into the pot and cook until al dente.
  • Drain and set aside the spaghetti, reserving a bowl of the spaghetti water.

Part 2:
  • Boil a new pot of water.
  • Add the sausage and let it cook a while.
  • Then add broccoli, baby carrots and baby corns.
  • Let all the ingredients boil a while then drain and set aside.

Part 3:
  • Heat olive oil in the pot (because I only have one pot, so everything is done using the same pot. You may use sauce pan which is the more proper kitchenware for this part lol)
  • Add the chopped garlic and butter, and stir fry a while.
  • Add the cooked spaghetti, the reserved bowl of pasta water and stir fry everything in the pot for few more seconds.
  • Turn off the cooker thereafter.

Part 4:
  • Scoop the spaghetti (with the garlic and cooked olive oil + butter) to the plates.
  • Add the chopped parsley, dried chili flakes and coarsed black pepper to the spaghetti.
  • Stir to coat all the seasoning evenly.
  • Scoop the veges and sausage to the spaghetti.

Part 5:
  • And finally enjoy your healthy yet delicious meal ^^

I forgot to take a closed-up picture =.="


Not bad for first try...I really fall in love with the color and mild taste, hehe... ^^

You can replace spagetthi with other pasta eg. fettucini or laguine, and also add more toppings and other ingredients eg. cheese, prawns and mushrooms etc...so what is your aglio olio preferred style?

No comments:

Post a Comment

Do you have anything to share? I'd love to hear from you (^-^*)/

ShareThis

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...